We came across a great article on the 10 Things to Look for on Your Next Apartment Hunt from Apartment Therapy and thought we’d go ahead and answer these questions for future Seaside Grove residents.
1. Check for cell reception.
- Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile all have full reception on here at Seaside Grove
2. Check the water pressure on cold, on hot, on both, and how long it takes to get warm.
- Our water is hot within 1-2 minutes and there are full size water heaters in all apartments.
3. Bring a socket tester and test all outlets. Also make sure there are enough outlets in each room, and enough 3-prong ones.
- There are outlets on every wall of each floorplan. If the socket doesn’t work,our wonderful maintenance team will take care of fixing it. At Seaside Grove, we even have outlets in our garages and storage units.
4. Ask the neighbors what the worst part of the building, street, neighborhood is.
- Seaside Grove is lucky enough to be tucked away in our own little neighborhood. We’ve got walking trails, a four-acre pond, resort-style pool, clubroom and fitness center all available on-site. We’re also located within five miles of daily needs like grocery stores, restaurants and shops.
5. Drive through the area during rush hour if commuting via car.
- We don’t have rush hour at the beach! However, Seaside Grove has easy access to highways, sandy beaches, shopping, schools and restaurants.
6. Make sure there’s an Internet provider suitable to your preferences.
- We have the option of Time Warner Cable for television and Internet or HTC for phone and Internet service.
7. Make sure the windows are double-paned/double-glazed and in good repair if the area is cold to avoid high heating bills. See if the windows open and close easily.
- All of the windows were worked on during our recent renovation and the bottom folds in for easy cleaning.
8. Fill all sink/tubs. Drain simultaneously and flush each toilet during.
- Maintenance makes sure when they refresh every apartment to snake the drains and check the toilets for pressure or leak issues.
9. If surrounding places have belongings left sitting on the porches (toys, stoves, seating, decorations), it’s a good sign for little/no theft and a kid-friendly environment.
- Most of the residents have items on their balconies and our courtesy officer (Horry County Police Officer) parks his car at our front entrance.
10. Ask “What’s the average rental time for apartments in the building?” If people aren’t staying long, it’s a bad sign.
- Many of our residents have called Seaside Grove home for a number of years, and we always love welcoming new members to our community!
We hope these answers make your next apartment hunt as easy as possible! As always feel free to contact us for more information on living at Seaside Grove.