Millions of visitors will flood to South Carolina to watch the solar eclipse from all around the nation. The path of totality will pass through Columbia, Greenville and Charleston where there will be one to two minutes of black out! When the eclipse comes, where will you be?
We will be hosting a Solar Eclipse Above the Pond party from 2 to 3 p.m. Space Junk snack pack will be provided!
Here are a few other local spots hosting eclipse events:
- Head Far South to Brookgreen Gardens, which is celebrating the Great American Eclipse by having a special ticketed event on Monday, August 21, from 11 am – 4 p.m. Featuring music by Oracle Blue, free eclipse glasses, live streaming of NASA’s coverage of the eclipse as it crosses the USA, and live streaming coverage of the aviary in the Lowcountry Zoo. This will be a once-in-a-lifetime day to remember! This event is advanced ticket purchase only.
- Myrtle Beach State Park Pier: Experience the first total solar eclipse visible from coast to coast since 1918! At 2:45pm, the sun will disappear! Drop by to discover how and why solar eclipses occur. Bring your own solar glasses or buy them from the pier!
- Black Hole Sun Party: The House of Blues of Myrtle Beach will be hosting a Celebration of the Total Solar Eclipse. The Party will take place on The Deck where Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila will be sponsoring the event. Come for lots of fun with your friends!
- Eclipse Beach Blast will be for ticket holders only at the Skywheel from 2 to 4 p.m. with food, drinks, viewing glasses, personalized souvenirs and more!
- Kaminski House Museum will be hosting a viewing on the lawn from 1 to 4 p.m. Bring your chairs and blankets for a special viewing with live entertainment by DJ Jeff Benton and streaming of the NASA coverage of the eclipse!
We hope that you enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon and will be ready to celebrate in your lovely eclipse glasses this August 21st!